Sunday, March 15, 2009

Destro Specced for PvP

I recently respecced my warlock destro from affliction for its PvP burst damage advantages. I'm starting to get used to how the build plays and what casting sequence I like. The only downside to the burst damage is you cant be concentrating on more than 1 target at a time. And when you get into the thick of things, people can take you down really fast. I will save detailed talent thoughts for later posts.

PvP has turned into a world of burst damage. You can't sit back and fear kite people with afflction anymore because everyone has multiple fear wards. You can still fear people as a destruction lock but I only use it as a backup if I have to fight more than two people at once. With my current spec my rotation is: immolate, incinerate, chaos bolt conflag, fear, and when they get close to death I do a shadowfury, incinerate, conflag, and shadowburn. Depending on the situation I may throw in a deahcoil or shadowfury early on if i'm being attacked.

Another thing I would like to mention is the power of our demonic teleport. I like having a pad up at all times in case I run into a pesky melee class. If possible I like to keep my demonic pad on the opposite side of an object so I can teleport out of sight and then make a quick getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment